- This event has passed.
“Eclipse: The Sun Revealed” Planetarium Show
July 8, 2023 @ 6:30 pm
There will be a total solar eclipse visible from Muncie on April 8, 2024, and a partial solar eclipse visible from Muncie on October 14, 2023. A total solar eclipse is such a spectacular event, it is never too early to start planning for one. Come learn how solar and lunar eclipses happen, and about scientific discoveries that have been supported by total solar eclipses. This show also uses beautiful visuals to explore the historical and cultural view of eclipses, and explains how to safely see these awe-inspiring sights.
- Cost: FREE, cash donations are accepted at the door. No reservations are required for public planetarium shows. However, plan to arrive early as seating is done on a first-come, first-served basis and seating is limited.
- Runtime: Approximately 50 minutes total with live sky tour.
- Intended Audience: Most suitable for all ages 9+, all ages are welcome.
- We do our best to have doors open 30 minutes before show time.
- NOTE: Due to construction being done on the Cooper Science Complex, select parking and pathway access to the planetarium is blocked off. Plan to arrive early to safely navigate the area and arrive on time for the program. Visit our location and transportation webpage for up-to-date information.
- The planetarium is located on the west end of the Cooper Science Complex, at 2111 W. Riverside Ave., Muncie.
- Food, drinks, gum or candy are not allowed in the planetarium.
- Cellphones and any electronics that emit light must be silenced or turned off at the start of all programs. Please refrain from wearing light-up shoes to any planetarium programs.
- Children 17 years and under should be accompanied by an adult.
- We greatly appreciate your support to make our programs possible, and cash donations are accepted at the door.
For directions and parking information, as well as general policies, please visit the Charles W. Brown Planetarium website.
Interested in scheduling a private educational visit to the planetarium? Request a planetarium visit for your Ball State class or group online.