Faces of Tourism
Nominations are now being accepted for the 2017 Inaugural Faces of Tourism Awards!
Tourism has many faces in Delaware County. The Muncie Visitors Bureau encourages everyone to think about tourism in our community during National Travel and Tourism Week May 7 – 13.
What faces come to your mind when you think of tourism in Delaware County? Is it a salesperson at a local shop, a server or bartender, or maybe a docent at your favorite museum. These awards will honor employees in the tourism/hospitality industry who enhance visitors’ experiences in Delaware County.
The Faces of Tourism Awards was created in coordination with the National Travel and Tourism Week (ustravel.org). This national event brings awareness to and acknowledges the economic impact of travel and tourism to communities such as Delaware County.
It is only necessary to nominate an individual once. All nominees must represent a lodging property, campground, restaurant, bar, attraction, museum or retailer in Delaware County. The nominee does not have to be a resident of Delaware County.
- Hotel / Guest Services: front desk and reservations
- Guest Relations: Non-hotel workers at attractions front desks, infor center, recreation facilities etc.
- Server or Bartender: Restaurant, pub, banquet / catering
- Food production: Executive chefs, line cooks, pastry cooks, etc.
- Back-of-the-House: Lodging properties, campgrounds, restaurants, bars and retailers including maintenance, dishwashers, bussers, housekeeping, stockroom etc.
- Hall of Fame: Any person in the tourism related industry who exhibits an enthusiastic, dedicated spirit of hospitality in their promotion of Delaware County.
Nominations accepted April 10 thru May 1. Nominations will be reviewed in confidence and winners will be determined by the Delaware County Tourism Commission board of directors. Awards will be presented the week of May 7th. National Travel and Tourism Week is presented by the U.S. Travel Association. More information contact the Muncie Visitors Bureau at visitmuncie.org or call 765-284-2700.
If you have any questions about the nomination process, please contact Shonda at email@example.com or 765-284-2700.